Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Dog's Day


It's a nice day here in NC. and I decided to take Jazz for a nail trim before we waked. 
At Petsmart , her personal nail assistant said I could wait another 10 days or 2 weeks, 
So, Jasmine found a new toy instead. She loves that store !! 
We leave and drive towards the park. Wait !!!!!  First,  
We stop at Brewster's Homes made ice cream and Jazzy gets her sundae ( Vanilla yogurt) and I get mine ( hot fudge) .  Hers is gone in 12 seconds. Mine doesn't last much longer. 
Yummy ! 
She's such a happy girl, hanging her head out the window, ears flying back,  on her the way to the park. It's a sunny, warm 60 degree day . 
We get to the parking lot  and she can't wait to get out . 
She already can see lots of squirrels !  
Easy, easy, Jazz, and we walk together to the small walking trails we prefer. 
She leaves her mark in a few "strategic" spots, much like any male. 
Slowly she settles in , with a gentle tug on her leash and "whoa" if she starts to pull me.  
This is not the park to let her off her leash so we are content to walk the mile of trails and look for deer, rabbits, a huge scary Owl, and critters. We often walk it more than once if I have time. 

We finally get back to the car, walking together now, the leash hanging loose . 
She corrects herself if it gets tight. She knows now. 
We have been together a year and a half. She is no longer a puppy. 
She knows the drill and what is expected, and she is a happy to do it. 
We get in the car and I offer her water, which she drinks 'cause she thinks I want her to.
Then Jazz climbs right on my lap, looks into my eyes , licks my face from my chin to my forehead and says " What Good Day !!! 
You Are my GOOD BOY !!! " 




2 comments: